Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Smaller Bites




I am not great about the whole babyfood thing.  It's not that I don't like sitting in front of a highchair with a baby all bibbed-up and ready for a mush mack-down (though I actually am very anti-bib.  I don't see the point in adding one more layer to the outfit I will have to wash anyway.  If they were more like a tarp I might reconsider). Spoon feeding a baby just doesn't occur to me too often, because I tend to just start my babies out on tiny, itty-bitty morsels of food from my own plate.  I start with rice that I soften in the tips of my fingers and place in their gummy little mouths.  Then small pieces of banana and soft potato.  The tiny tips of broccoli easily follow, and before I know it, I have a baby that is eating what we are, just in smaller bites.  Sometimes I do grind it in the hand mill, but in my entire career as a mama, I have only bought two jars of baby food - prunes - for a baby with gridlock.  Why? 'cause dude, I ain't grindin' up some nasty ol' prunes.  But I digress.  You would expect no less from me.

 *****
Lately I have missed writing on my blog as often as I used to.  Life is certainly busy, and evenings are now spent working on paintings about 4 to 5 days a week.  But I think the biggest problem is that I am waiting till I have enough time to write better, more edited, and more detailed posts, and in the mean time I am missing what this blog was meant to be for me; a journal and a place to explore some creative writing.  Because, as much as I love you all coming to read my silly thoughts, I still need to record our lives for my kids to read later.  It turns out that I do it better on a computer than in a notebook.

So I'm going to try my hand at smaller bites... smaller posts, more often.  Maybe not as polished, but none the less sincere.  Hope you don't mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea!
Jeannie T

Jackie said...

I will love every bite! Feed me Alone, feed me!!!# :)

Laine said...

Oh, Jackie, you inspire me so much!!!