Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Monday, May 5, 2014

Sneaky Snaps


I know it's naughty.
I know I shouldn't have,
but I couldn't resist.

Shame on me for taking pictures at church.  
May I be cast into a pit with car-texters and check-stand-cell-phone-talkers.  

But I ask you, honestly, how could this...

...be a sin? The photo, of course, not the kids.  Come on, keep up, people!
 (and yes, that is my foot.  It appears in most of my photos nowadays, sort of a selfie. 
 Just wait, soon all the kids will be doing it).  If it will lessen your wrath, please know it was before the opening prayer.  

After church a sister grabbed me by my arm and told me how amazing Adam is.  He had Natty-girl in one arm, and was putting a chair away with the other, as it is his job to stack the chairs after the meeting.  She said she just loves watching him help with The Littles, and how great it is that he still makes sure to serve others.  "What a good example," she said.  I have to agree.

It is moments like those when the week of nagging him to do his chores, and the worries of "am I doing enough to raise this young man into a Good Man?" melt away.

I think he's just fine.






No comments: