Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Sunday, May 3, 2015

The Littles


Jonah was "the caboose".  That's what we called him.  We knew he was supposed to be in our family, and though it would have been nice to have a sibling nearer his age than is Tessa, we accepted the fact that it had taken 4 years and 3 miscarriages to get him.  We were blessed and content.

Then came, as you all know, the "bonus baby".  It has been one of the many unexpected blessings that she is here to grow up with her brother.  Jonah is often left out because his age precludes him from playing car-crashing video games with The Bigs, and his DNA (predisposed as it is for smashing things), is a hindrance in him playing sweet little pink-lego games with The Middles.

Nanobot can talk a bit now.  It sounds like drunk-monkey-chatter, but somehow Jonah knows what she is saying.  She is able to play puzzles and look at books with J-boy, and they play in the sand pit in the corner of the yard together for hours on end.  Yesterday they squealed and giggled in the bath and soaked the floor.

I'm so glad she has him.

They feed each other from one another's plates.  They sit in the hammock together, and tumble on the trampoline.  They find mischief and enjoy it together.

I'm so glad he has her.


Together they destroy my house, 
crowd my lap,
 and steal all my yummy bites of food. 

I'm so glad they have each other, and so glad that I have them.

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

So sweet, I often feel that way with Kate, but she is learning to entertain herself. She has got a little imaginary friend I think or just talks to herself, sometimes signs. So I think she is okay because she is our caboose. I wouldn't change it for the world!!