Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Nanobot Turns Two


Can it really be two years? 
 Can so much time have passed since...?


or...?


and, well, while we're on the subject...







This little sweetheart has filled up any tiny gaps that could have possibly been left in our family.   She is snuggly and lovey.  She loves to hold my hand.  None of my kids have ever wanted to do that!  She is the glue that makes teenagers hang around when little kids need a PG movie or a slower walking pace.  She is our song in the morning, and the smiles around our table.  She is our reminder of a blessed life, and my encouragement to stay healthy and strong.  There isn't a person in our house that doesn't sing out "Naaaa-no-neeee!" when she bobbles into the room in her funny little way.

Yep, she's two.  Already.  It has gone by so fast.


All of the Littles and Middles helped make Natalie's cake.  Ellie and Tessa cut flowers and leaves, and Nat and Jonah basically just ate fondant.  She loved it so much, she sat for 2 hours just rolling and stamping the fondant.  At one moment I couldn't find the little bluebird I made, and then I noticed it tumbling around in her cute, pink mouth.

She loved every minute of her sweet little family party.  It was just us, and it was a ball.  We had taught her to blow out her candles earlier in the day, and she was great at it, but once that cake got in front of her she couldn't focus.  "Bunny!  Birdie!  Mousie!"


She didn't need any help opening her gifts, but because there have been four family birthdays in the last few months, she kept trying to deliver the gifts to everyone else in the room.


She got the bunny!


It went the way of the bluebird.
Poor, poor bunny.


It was exhausting, but she had a great day.

Little Natalie, I know you won't read this for many years, and I know by then you will have logged many tantrums and fibs, and many birthday candles, but I can only imagine loving you all the more.  I thank God every day for what you have brought to our family, and I wonder at the gift that we have been given in you.  There is a spirit of kindness and and generosity in you.  Your humor is a delight, and every time you announce, "I fah-ted!" you remind us all to lighten up.  You have full length conversations with yourself, and your dollies, and I love to listen in.  You are brave and bold.  You are lovingly aware of each one of us, and somehow you know us in a way that feels timeless.
Thank you for being on our family, sweet girl. 

I love you, Naa-no-nee.


1 comment:

Peggy said...

Happy Birthday to Naa-no-nee