Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, December 31, 2015

A Christmas Photo Album ~ 2015 Advent


Our tradition of advent is one we borrowed a few years back from our friends, the Jensens.  For each of the four Sundays before Christmas we gather with friends and family to enjoy candle light, sweets, carols and Christmas stories, and a considerable amount of chaos and noise.  

This year we gathered at the Jensen's, Slaughter's and our own house.  It is all a blur to me now which Sunday was where, but as I look back at these sweet pictures I can feel the moments they hold.


Kathy has lovely nutcrackers, pyramids, smokers and advent candle holders from her ancestral home of Germany, that set the mood perfectly.


It is always a little more reverent at the Jensen's!


Such well behaved children... (Ha! Just wait!)


One Sunday Advent was at our house.  Unbelievably, just the night before, the studio had been transformed for my sale.  Once the sale items had been packed away, it was a blank slate with plenty of room for a super-duper long table...for nineteen of us in all!


I don't know where he got the energy, but Guy made it all look magical-warm and glowwy-like. I was probably rocking back and forth in a corner somewhere.  Post Sale Insanity (PSI)  I honestly don't remember!


  RyRy and Nanobot.  Best buddies.  We tease that they have been betrothed.
 I'm frankly in it for the dowry, myself.  


Every week for the four weeks of advent, Adam was the human trampoline.  Dogpile!!!!  He tolerated it very nicely and successfully protected all of his most significant bits.


Where you find Adam, there you can always find Andrew.  I have a soft spot in my heart for this kid.  Andrew (one of my doula-babies) is nearly entirely to blame for the baby-cravings that preceded Jonah-boy's entrance into the world.  


The kids planned a sweet little gift exchange.  They drew names and made each other gifts.  I didn't even know about it!


Andrew and J-boy


Boys and fire.  
(No smelly little boys were harmed in the making of this photo)


"The Spread".
Sugar coma, anyone?



Advent at Joanna's featured bells.  The kids have been playing them in Primary at church, and it blew me away to see how well they followed the music, sight unseen.


Like I said... two peas.

 

Two handsome dudes we love!  Nathaniel and Dan.


Love these little guys.

Though some of my traditions got a little lost in the shuffle this year, Advent is one that, thanks to our dear friends, we managed to keep!








No comments: