Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Insta-Date



Natalie has been extra snugly lately.  I don't know exactly what has triggered it.  I certainly don't mind.  I love it that this tiny peanut still wants to read together, sing together, sit on my lap; the whole thing.  What makes it even more fun is that she is still so tiny she fits like a little toddler in my arms.


The other day we found ourselves alone together, a rare event in the lives of a homeschooling family.  I usually have the whole gypsy circus in tow.  


Nano realized it only a few minutes after I did. 
 "Mom!  It's just us!  What if we had a date?!"


Back in Sac, Guy and I used to take turns taking the kids on dates. 
 But with our new life in the woods, we haven't been able to make it work.  
The kids have missed it.  

I gotta be honest, I had thought about the fact that we were alone, and that it might be an opportunity to go on a date, but I hadn't said it out loud because I had things to do.  Errands and crap.  Looking back, I don't even remember what was so important that it would have kept me from her.

 Nano was right.  It was time for a date.  I had been carrying her gift card in my wallet for a couple of months, a present long overdue to be used.  It was just enough for a kid's meal and a cone for the cutie pie, and she boasted loudly to the other customers that this was her first time at this particular burger joint, her first kid's meal, and wow, look at that, a toy!!!

It was fun to listen to her babble along.  That little pip has a lot to say!  We giggled and talked about ponies and her new favorite color (light blue and purple next to each other).  And she reminded me what a delight it is to be with her alone.

I am glad that she tells me what she needs.  
I can be forgetful, and I don't want to miss this.


No comments: