Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Kickin' it up

I was pooped, and decided the only way I could possibly make it through another hour was to do it from the bath. That meant story time for the girls would happen from my watery lounge. As I began One Fish Two Fish, another little fish, one that up till now had only swished a time or two each day, decided to give me a gift.
.
15 minutes straight of little kicks. Maybe it was my buoyant belly, the echo of "red fish, blue fish..." against the tile, the noisy chatter of the girls, all amplified by the water. Baby, little being within, celebrated 18 weeks with me as we floated in the bath with a dance that made the water surface break in tiny ripples, made us giggle and cheer, and made me ever more grateful.
.

The painting is one that I did as a gift for dear Melissa years ago. Love you, Melissa.

8 comments:

Betty Manousos said...

Happy FF!
I am now following you!
Please come visit me!
Have a great Friday!

What a lovely blog!

Rebecca D said...

I'm here from Friday Follow... I'm your newest follower!

Kris (Good Steward) said...

Happy Friday Follow! I came across your blog from One2Try. Hope you get a chance to stop by my blog for a little visit! I promise you will find a sweet little girl over there...hehe.

The Amazing Life of Z. Camille

Enjoy your weekend!

Your painting is beautiful by the way!

Jestti said...

Found you through FF. I'm now following your blog. Great to "meet" you! A big SIGH for those precious little baby kicks....

http://householdcents.blogspot.com/

Missy | Literal Mom said...

Hi -I"m following you from Friday Follow!

Tatum said...

I am following you from FF & love your blog!!!
http://tatumsreviews.blogspot.com/

rebekahmott said...

This post made me smile and grateful. I am glad that all is moving forward.

4 Kids and Done Counting said...

I just love that painting! I saw it on your blog and shouted out "Hey there's my picture!" It made me smile. then I read the post, happy, happy, happy:) I'm going to try and call you right now.