Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

102 point 2

Last night Ellie lay on the couch in a daze.  Her cheeks were flushed, her lips bright red.  Her eyes were sleepy-puffy, and though she was sick and feverish, the warmth in her face made her look so beautiful.  I hate it when my kidlets are sick, but I love it when they are snugly and calm and quiet.  It helps me to remember who my children are when they are reduced down to their essence.  At her core Ellie is sweet, smart, and tender.  She is a good friend to her sister and a very sensitive soul.  She loves her family.  She just wants to get love back.

It's nice when I get a chance to see Ellie.  Really see her, not just the tattling, messy room, and screaming that I focus on too much.  When I am busy being mom and she is busy being eight, we tend not to see each other for who we really are.  I'll be glad when she is well, because I hate seeing my kids miserable, but it's nice to get a reminder to look at and appreciate the big soul that is packed into her little 102.2 degree body.

No comments: