Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Monday, April 25, 2011

Let's go to the movies!

Family Fun Alert!!!

Where can you go to a movie and:

bring your own goodies without sneaking
 (who would do that?  Not me!)
talk really loud
wear your PJs
walk around
see a double feature
????

The Drive-In, that's where.  I thought it was going to be miserable.  I thought it would be cold, and hard to hear, and that our kid noise would bother nearby movie-goers, but if was AWESOME!  We went with Kathy and Bishop and their assorted offspring.  I popped a grocery bag full of cinnamon kettle corn, and brought cereal bowls to fill with candy for the kids (Alright, I admit it!  It was for ME!).  The admission was reasonable for the adults, and one sweet buck per kidlet.  With only 12 cars in the lot, we had so much space we were able to spread out on camp chairs without disturbing a soul.  If Jonah cried, I didn't have to go stand out side in some hallway staring at movie posters.  We bundled the kids in blankets and watched Hop and Rango back to back.  The only bummer of the whole night was Guy having to hike all the way to the restrooms to take Tessa for a potty break, but it was his bummer, not mine!  (I swear I do not abuse the nursing situation, but every once in a while it works to my advantage when a kid needs to be wiped and I happen to be feeding Jonah-boy).

If you are in the mood to go vintage-Hollywood, here is a link to all of the drive in theaters in the good ol' U.S. of A.  This is the perfect time of year, because the films don't start too late for munchkins like they will after sundown later in the summer .




No comments: