Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A final thought...

While we were in Salt Lake City 
we visited the temple visitor's center there.  In a beautiful central room
surrounded by a mural of the universe stands an amazing
sculpture of Jesus Christ. 
When we came up the ramp to see it, the girls got very excited. 
Tessa asked, "Mama, can we touch it?"

I knew that she wouldn't be allowed to, but I just didn't have the heart
to be the one to tell her.  "Why don't you ask that man over there" I said,
pointing to the older gentleman with a name tag on that stood nearby. 
I guess I sort of expected her not to do it, because I was surprised
when she marched right up to him and asked,
"Can we touch it?"

"You sure can!"  he said sweetly.

The girls hurried over to the sculpture and each in turn stretched a small hand up 
to the only part of the sculpture they could reach; the foot,
 more specifically, the big toe on the right foot.



Then, to my surprise, both of the boys also reached out to touch
the foot of the Savior.
It was tender to watch, and it reminded me of another time
when children were let to come to the feet of the Lord.


But when Jesus saw it, he ...said unto them,
Suffer the little children to come unto me,
and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.


 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive
 the kingdom of God as a little a child, he shall not enter therein.

 And he took them up in his arms,
put his hands upon them, and blessed them."
                                                                     ~Mark 10, 14-16


3 comments:

Jackie said...

"and then he took them up in His arms" - I just pictured the Savior sweeping them up into His arms. I never had read it that way before. Sweet moment! Thanks for sharing it with us!

julean said...

Beautiful.

rebekahmott said...

Now you see why he loved little children. I am sure you don't see many adults so excited to touch the feet of the Savior. That is a great reminder of the humility I need to have.