Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Just for Giggles

The illusive baby smile.  They are coming more often, now.
 
Giggle, chuckle, snicker...
chortle, titter, guffaw...
 
Laugh!
 
 That's what she did.
Just once, on Friday,
but Heaven heard it,
and it made my heart sing.
 
Who ever said it was a bell
that gave out angel wings,
well, they were all wrong.
It was a baby's laugh, of course.
 
Oh, she is so darling.
 
*****
 
My mind is a highway, bumper to bumper with posts.
The exits are blocked with
laundry
dishes
messes
 never ending diapers,
and Miss Fussy-pants.
 
This weekend we are to celebrate Natalie's safe arrival.  I have had this day in my mind since February 20th when the first blood clot reared its ugly red-head.  Not the date, per-se, but certainly the day.  I imagined being surrounded by every soul who helped us along the way, so that I could stand up on a table top and thank them all. 
 
It turns out we may have picked a bad day, as only a sparse handful of folks have Rizvipped that they can come.  Of course, you can't control that, especially in late summer when everyone is hurrying to get in a last camping trip or a quick weekend away.
 
I hope they all know
how very, very much I appreciate them. 
Every one of them.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how appreciative you are and would do it all over again for you and your awesome family.

Sagefemme said...

I really wish I could be there. It has been an amazing journey with you! I would love to be there to celebrate!

julean said...

We are so excited that we live close enough to come...just can't wait to see you all and little Natalie!