Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dem' bones, dem' bones

One day recently I walked into the living room to this:


Adam and Jonah sitting almost motionless.  I thought they were snuggling, but then I noticed the pen in Adam's hand.  He was drawing on Jonah.

Oh, awesome, I thought.  
But not all snarky and sarcastic-like.  I was truly glad.  I get a crazy high when I get to see my kids in the act of making art.

Adam is very artistic. And frequently bored at school when he is done with work early.  This combination has led to a new pass time: Body art.  Okay, left-arm-art, really.  He regularly embellishes his left arm with interesting designs; zombie flesh, gears and pulleys, and of course, skeleton bones.

Jonah found his old PJs/Halloween costume of skeleton bones and wanted Adam to complete the look for him.

Big brothers are so cool.

Can you believe Adam is getting a meh sort of grade in art class?

I guess I can. They say an artist is never truly appreciated in his own time.  Apparently, Adam doesn't like some of the parameters of his teacher's assignments, and sometimes refuses to change his work when his teacher tells him to.   Also, it is very hard to turn your project in when it's on your little brother.

I was once told by my art teacher I should switch to home economics.  "You wouldn't be a good artist.  You don't know how to follow directions."

Because, as you well know, all of the greats obeyed tradition, fell in line and above all, followed directions.  

No comments: