Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Friday, December 2, 2011

No Strings Attached



It was meant to be
breakfast in bed.
It ended up as breakfast after the shower.
No strings attached, just my girls bein' sweet to me.

On Sunday I lost my voice.
On Monday I could whisper.
On Tuesday I could croak.
And though I was feeling much better by Wednesday,
the girls decided to take pity on me, all out of the kindness of their sweet,
and in no way cunning or manipulative little hearts.

You feel it coming, don't you?
Smell that little wiff of  rat?

Come with me now to 15 minutes after I swallow my last chunk of apple.
Ellie tenderly asks, "Mama, do I get a kindness bead for making you breakfast?"

*
Huh.
Just when you thought you were doing something right as a parent.
Yes, this week we re-instituted the bead jars.  Beads = kid currency.  Earn one by doing your jobs.  2 kindness beads = 1 bead.  Earn kindness beads by being caught doing a good deed.

*
I hear Tessa is planning to make me a get well lunch tomorrow.
'Can't wait.

****

Don't forget to come by tomorrow (or Saturday.  It's OK, I know you're busy.  I'll wait up for ya').
The Studio is so fancy you could eat fudge off of it. 
I made you some really cute snowman earrings.
I'll save 'em for ya'.


No comments: