Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Outplant



I gotta admit, even with my history, I never imagined I’d actually lose the implant. 

I went for a quick recheck, since the abscess wasn’t resolving. Before I knew what was happening I was texting my husband that they were doing surgery. Once Dr. A. got in there, the news was grim.  The infection had moved fast and destroyed the bone around the implant. He removed the infected tissue and bone, and my long, long awaited implant. 

There will be no redo. No second chance. The doctor felt a second go would be unwise. He said in his experience, some things happen for a reason. I have to trust him, as I have for 18 years now. But I’m not going to pretend I’m not disappointed. Crushed. I have waited anxiously for 8 years, and I was so excited.  In five minutes it was all gone. 

I’m letting myself be sad today. And maybe tomorrow. 

No comments: