Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Friday, April 9, 2010

Because I promised...

I promised Ruth I would post pictures of Tessa's Birthday cake. It is a sad one for sure, one of my worst, but that's what you get when you don't start baking til 4PM and the mold you choose unexpectedly takes over an hour to bake.
.
I got going on the decor at (choke) six, and so Tinker Bell (the painted hussy) looks quite like an accident victim before reconstructive surgery (and before Weight Watcher's). But now I know how to make my own fondant that tastes WAY better than the store bought kind, and Tessa didn't seem to care!
For the fondant, melt 16 oz of marshmallows with about a teaspoon or two of water in the micro, and then stir in 2 pounds of SIFTED powdered sugar a cup at a time. By the end you will need to use WELL greased hands (in fact, just grease EVERYTHING before you start), and knead till smooth and not sticky. Store in plastic. Add a few drops of water if it gets dry while you work with it.

Then enjoy!

I can't bear to show the "after". It was too gross.


I often write of Tessa, because she is my little pal, shadow and companion while the kids are away at school. I appreciate her tender heart and her unabashed adoration of me. She is suddenly growing up so fast, and I feel her moving away from me into the big world that extends beyond my little kingdom of dust bunnies and laundry piles. She wants to be with friends more often these days. She wants to be a big girl, independent and grown up. I will soon miss the days of her endless cuddles and spontanous hugs, as they are replaced by other interests that don't include me.
I am grateful to be her mom. The day she was born was a blessed day, as is each day she is in my life.

4 comments:

Marsha said...

Great job on the Tinkerbell cake! It looks like Tessa really enjoyed it.

Brandi said...

Stopping by from Friday Follow! I am now following your blog. If you get a chance please stop by and visit me in my corner of BloggyLand.

www.fivemonkies.com

Ruth said...

Well, I just have to say that your little hussy Tinker Bell looks a million times better than any figure I could make! And I'm sure Tessa loved it! Great job Mama! and yup, your little girl is growing up! If you find a way to slow it down let me know! :-)

Bald n Beautiful said...

My husband wants to know why I am laughing so hard. I loved your post.