Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Fancy Lessons

A little while back, the girls went to a "Fancy Nancy" birthday party for their little friend, Gwen. They got to 'accessorize' with tutus and pearls, feather boas and tiaras. Then they sat down to a lovely afternoon tea party complete with lemonade, scones, pastries and... wait for it... parfaits. They were even given fancy-lessons on how to hold up your pinkie while you drink, how to dab your mouth daintily with a napkin, and of course, how to talk "fancy".
.
If you have read the book, you know exactly what I mean.
.
If not, oh, my! You must go straight to the library and check out the book, today.
***
Yesterday, Tessa asked, "Mama, ya know how you say 'escuse me' real fancy?"
.
"No, I don't. Tell me, how?"
.
"You say: 'Escuse me... WAAAAA!!!" she said very seriously, the last syllable pitched like a very loud chicken with a speech impediment asking a question.
.
I was confused.
.
She wandered off repeating her fancy pardon several times to herself, and then, as she got a few rooms away, there it was, clear as day; I heard her fancy little voice crooning something that sounded ever so much like; "...escusez moi!"
.
I feel fancy already.

3 comments:

Stephanie Heumann said...

Laughed my head off when I saw the last picture with Tessa's pinkie finger stickin' straight up! She looks like she is pointing at something to her right! Excuse' Moi!

Jackie said...

What a funny girl. I love the last picture. She looks like she is focusing so hard on being fancy. I feel like that's me trying to have good manners!

So fun.

When you gave me that book, Grace made a sign about fancy lessons but signed it Gracie.

rebekahmott said...

How fun to be fancy, being a mom of 2 rough boys, it is fun to imagain what it is like to be facy! Cute cute pictures to it looked like a fun fun day!