Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Monday, May 17, 2010

Tent City


"Mom, can we set up a tent like the boys did when they went camping?"
.
"Yes, go ask them to help you. There is a little play tent in the cupboard out there."
.
Was I not specific enough?
.
I looked out the window an hour later, and there was no longer an "out the window". The circus had come to town and set up in my back yard. Before long, extension cords were strung across the grass and the place was lit up like a roman candle.
.
Of course, we let the boys stay the night out there.
.
Guy fretted, "I am nervous about leaving the back door unlocked all night."
.
Funny, he didn't mention leaving our children outside all night!
.
Just so long as the local vagrants don't catch wind of our new tent city, I guess it will stay up for a few days.
.
It feels like summer is coming...

1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

How fun for them, what cool parents you are. Summer is so here!!