Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Sex Talk and other such nonsense

I am really tired tonight. I want to tell all of the funny and touching things that have happened this week, but I just haven't got the strength in me after two hours of Jonah fussing and crying. But here is what I might have talked about...

About how a conversation about the tooth fairy somehow turned into a sex talk. It was so funny, the boys and I were laughing our heads off. It was the best sex talk ever, I think.

About Tessa being a midwife to her stuffed unicorn. It gave birth to about six Pretty Ponies. She wore imaginary gloves.

About learning how to eat while still avoiding dairy, gluten, soy, nuts, eggs, citrus, tomatoes...um, gosh, there must be more, but I am too busy enjoying this lovely rice cake to remember.

About how Robin showed up with hamburgers that were bun-free, mayo-free and cheese free, and wrapped in lettuce. She just felt like she should come over. I didn't know why until that evening, when my nerves were shot and I would have fallen apart, but I was able to look at the laundry I got folded while she held Jonah, and I didn't feel like crying anymore.

About how in one tiny week, Jonah as learned to push up on his sweet little feet, reach up and bonk my face repeatedly with his little fist, and coo. It was gorgeous.

About how I was alone for three nights while my hubby and kids went to LA to go to a wedding. Then a noisy critter found it's way into our bedroom wall and kept me up until 3AM.

About how Guy fibbed to me and told me he was heading home from LA and would be here by Sunday night, and then surprised me by walking into church with my kidlets.

About going shopping for the first time as a family of seven. Somebody shoot me. Please.

And about being there for my hubby after a hard day. It's the least I could do after he has been here for me over and over this year.

What a week.

No comments: