Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Door

This is the door that Laine bought.
This is the door that goes in the wall that Guy and Laine built.
This is the door that goes in the wall that makes a room where there wasn't one before.
This is the door that goes in the wall that makes the room that hopefully will bring some peace to the house.
Fingers crossed.
And eyes and toes.  And legs, but only 'cause I have to pee.

***
Tomorrow is Saturday.  I will spend the day finishing the wall.  Apparently blankets hanging over the studs isn't quite up to code.   I view this wall as a wall for me.  For my peace of mind.  So I can shut a door on the mess.  So I can send a certain somebody to his room.
Where he will, I am sure, slam the door.
The door in the wall of the room that Guy and Laine built.



2 comments:

rebekahmott said...

I like this. It makes me smile just the way it is writen.

Jenni said...

I've been wondering how this has worked out. Pictures? Video of slamming door?