Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

A Mesozoic Birthday

Who: Miss Ellie and half a dozen prehistoric pals
What: Celebrating Nine Years since she hatched
Where: All the-heck over the house
When: From the dusk of the Late Triassic til the dawn of the Early Cretaceous
Why: Because I am daffy, that's why.
How: Sugar, movies, streamers and balloons, and then more sugar.  Dinosaur shaped sugar.


I think she must have asked me 
while I was on the phone or in a comma or something, because witnesses later told me I said yes to a sleepover birthday party for Ellie.  Somebody should protect me from myself.

I threw some tacos at the beasts and tucked them in on the hardwood floor for a dino-flick as soon as cake and presents had been adequately massacred.  At 1 AM I threatened them with extinction if they didn't settle down and go to sleep.  I put on a really boring nature program, and they turned into a herd of Slumbersaurs.  It looked like a bomb went off.  A big, pink, sleeping bag bomb.

By morning, excavation revealed several missing socks and shoes, but stealth archeologists located all missing parts, packed them in plaster and sent them off to their respective museums.

Tessa's already making plans for her b-day in April.  
Be assured, there will be no pillows involved.


1 comment:

rebekahmott said...

Love the cake, good job!! Sleep overs ugh I can so what for those days, but I don't think boys are as cool on them as girls are so I may have even longer.