Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Finding Fun Mom

 Oh No!  What shall we do?

 Summer is here, that makes us glad.

 But being stuck in the house with five kids can be a little daunting.

 I've got to try not to over-think this, but honestly summers always make me a little sad
 because I really want to be fun mom, but dang it, I am not naturally 
FUN MOM.
I am more Work-at-it-mom, Sometimes-gets-it-right-mom, but also
 Very-likely-to-blow-it-and-turn-into-slightly-meanish-uptight-and-crabby-mom.

Well, no time to be squeamish, time to jump in with both flippers and my floaty.
Success will require:

homemade cookies
park days
encouragement
time off for good behavior (and maybe an occasional nap)
 hugs (the giving and the getting)
swimming
river days
drive-in movies
tree houses
and 
Valium. 
or chocolate.  either one.

No comments: