Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Cookie Walk

 You have heard of a cake walk.  
Well, last night we had a cookie walk. 

For family night I decided we would try to focus on our talents.  I knew we wouldn't have a whole lot of cooperation from certain family members, so I planned ahead with a few suggestions.

We started off fine, with the girls volunteering easily with an impromptu ballet dance and a song.
When it came time for the boys, they were, shall we say, reluctant?

Enter: The Suggestion Bowl

(we started simple)
- Say the ABC's backwards

- Tell how you could get away secretly living at Disneyland 
(Ethan assures us he could pass as an animatronic pirate) 

- Stand on your head and list as many kinds of dogs as you can

(then  a little trickier)

- Picking up marbles with chopsticks

and finally;

 The Cookie Walk

it's a simple concept-

Begin with a cookie on your forehead
walk it down to your mouth.


I highly recommend you run out today and buy some cookies, 
and batteries for your camera.

 You don't want to miss this:


*****
Epilogue to my day:

Someone drew a bunch of smiley faces in the dust on a cabinet in the bathroom.
When I began my accusations (no, I did not search out the lazy oaf on bathroom duty),
 I was met with perplexed denial on all sides.

Then Guy chirped,

"Maybe the cabinet is just really happy."

I think I know who did it.

No comments: