Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Raindrops on Roses....

The glorious unification of dubious DNA,
 captured by talented friend and photographer Robin Leach
 (check out her blog and hire her here!)
 
 Oh! I forgot how fun this is!!! 
There is so much about having a newborn that is so fleeting.  I wish I could bottle it.  And, though a 7+ pounder is a respectable arm-load, you may recall that my last babe in arms was toddler-sized at birth.  Being a seasoned (read here "Old") mama, I know enough to not be frantic when we have a fussy day and to be able to sit back and see the humor in being soaked in vomit or staying up half the night with a fuss-bucket.

So, as we are well overdue for a list (knowing as you do, my propensity for list making), here goes:

1.  Tai chi moves, jazz hands and flared toes

2.  A booty so tiny you can change the diaper on your lap.

3.  Projectile poop (rather a bummer when combined with #2)

4.  Crossed eyes and Oooooooo lips

5.  Shadow boxing

6.  Saggy-Baggy Elephant skin.

7.  Fuzzy shoulders and itty bitty buns.

8.  Looking down to find her staring into my eyes (like right now).

9.  Staring back endlessly, like when you first fell in love.

10.  Poo that smells like buttered popcorn.

11.  Two AM, and not having to wait till morning to see her again.

12.  4AM... 6AM...

13.  Counting life in days and ounces.

14.  Slings, and having a buffer between unwashed hands and her delicate immune system.

15.  Bright, warm smiles from women in their 50's

16.  .Bath time in the sink.

17.  Saying "thank you" when people say she's soooo cute,
as if we had any control over it.

18.  Clothes so small you could use them as mittens... or sock puppets.

19.  An excuse to not pay attention to anyone or anything else for 6 solid weeks.

20.   Figuring out who she looks like.

21.  Making milk, and not even knowing the recipe

22.  Having a whole person fit right under my chin.

23.  Seeing my sweetheart in love with someone else,
and being totally okay with it.

24.  Being grateful every minute from now till forever. 
(Okay, that one I get to enjoy a lot longer than 6 weeks.)





3 comments:

sparkler59 said...

I forgot all about the buttered popcorn poo!
Love #14, and #15 Were you talking about me?? hehe. Love the sock puppet clothes, and not having the recipe for the milk! And best of all, being ok with your sweetheart falling in love with someone else!! Love you Laine ♥♥♥

They Call Me Momma said...

Beautiful..... goosebumps...... Amen.... to everything. I can't wait. I love you,

Willow

Coppelia said...

Awwww this is such a great list! i love it! :) And I think #19 is my favorite! LOL -Coppelia