Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thrift Store Chic


I am way not crafty.  Art, yes, sewing...eh, not so much.  So I am super proud in a humble, I-got-this-stuff-at-a-thrift-store sort of way of these outfits I made the girls for Christmas.

I bought a few women's sized skirts for about $2 each, and
made skirts and (oh yes, there is more) headbands! for the girls. 

Because I can almost sew a straight line, it was pretty simple to throw a piece of elastic into a waist band for them,  and with some extra fabric chunks canabalized from the skirts,  I followed a tutorial online to make little cloth roses to sew onto dollar-store 4-pack headbands. 

Total cost per outfit: $6.25 before tax if you add a $5 tee from Old Navy.

The girls have been twirling ever since.


Don't you love the little girl pot-belly look?  And look close... they're holding hands as usual.

1 comment:

julean said...

Hi Laine,
It was nice to talk last night. I hope you had a fun date. I really do love these little skirts. The previous post of Jonah, I think he looks so much like Ellie.

I hope you have a wonderful day. I'll send you those recipes on your email.
Love you.