Me: "Who has the best seat in the house, me or daddy?"

Adam: "Well, Daddy's is nice, but yours is best. Your's is squishier."

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Thumping



I am sick to tears of little boys thumping each other.  Even though this looks sweet and even playful, I ain't kidding, it's just a matter of time before the thumping turns into tears.  Then I step in to mediate.  I scold and threaten, and say a lot of things like, "I'm not kidding" and "If I have to talk to you boys one more time..."

Tonight I grounded them from each other.

My friend said she once duct taped her kids to each other and made them stay that way until they could get along. 

I'm outta tape.  Maybe rope would work.

I think I'll go to the hardware store tomorrow.



2 comments:

Ruth said...

This is the verse that my children read and discussed this morning after a loud "conversation":
"How wonderful it is when brothers (and sisters) live together in harmony" Psalm 133:1
It was either read scripture with them, or duct tape them to a wall. :-)

rebekahmott said...

ugh is this what I have to look forward to. Yuck.